Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, December 20, 2010

Crazy Family Christmas Shenanigans

About 10 years ago my family started a new tradition that has caught on like gang busters. We started getting bored with the usual "visit, dinner, visit, dessert, presents, midnight mass, goodbye's" because we didn't really get to enjoy each other because you were so focused with "making the rounds". So one year my Uncle Steve, who's a dentist, surprised us by secretly polling 100 of his patients and presented us with a Christmas version of Family Feud! It was hilarious and amazing and was the beginning of a beautiful tradition. Since then, every year there is a Christmas game that remains top secret until Christmas Eve when we all celebrate. The responsibility of coming up with the game rotates, so whoever is hosting Christmas Eve, is also responsible for the game as well. 

In the past we have played...
Family Feud, Christmas Murder Mystery, Survivor (2 times), Name That Christmas Tune, Christmas Charades, Christmas Picture Rebus Puzzles, Christmas Dice game (rolling a 2 and a 5 simultaneously), Wii  Tournament (we created characters for each person in our family)

This year I am in charge once again and we are going to play Minute to Win It Christmas version! I am so excited to see how ridiculous my family will be! Not a single person cares about making a fool of themselves, and usually we're a bit intoxicated which will make it that much more hilarious. If you haven't seen this game show, you really should! The tradition of a game on Christmas Eve has really brought my family together over the years and has created some memories that will last a lifetime. I am so thankful for my amazing family, whom I love and whom I know loves me for just the person I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment