Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Free Your Glee

This weekend marks the start of another year of the Puyallup Fair, and oddly enough, I couldn't be more underwhelmed. I have great memories of the Fair, the greasy goodness of the food, the thrill of the rides, and the delicious milk samples from Wilcox (lets not even get me started on the creamy goodness of their freshly made swirl ice cream!). But this year is different. I could care less about the fair, and in all actuality, I wish it would go away. I live by the fair, and I hate the traffic! It takes me 15+ minutes extra each day to get home from work because of Fair traffic, the traffic revisions are stupid, and drivers are BRUTAL! This is the 14th year I've worked at the Fair however I will slap you silly if you call me a Carnie! :) It's fun, and I get to see my friends who I've come to love over the many years, and I especially love catching up with my "regulars" who give me freebies at the fair because they like me so much! :) And who am I kidding, it's fun to flirt with them...just because I can ;) I suppose there is some positive that comes from the Fair, but right now, as I sit here smelling of greasy Fair food, and my feet are throbbing, the last thing I want to do is head back there in less than 10 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment