Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, November 6, 2010

My new inspiration

I have been wanting to re-do my bedroom and master bathroom but simply haven't known what I wanted. I think I've figured it out. I started off with my master bedroom a pretty, soothing shade of green but I've since decided I want something more neutral. After four years of green, I'm ready for a change. My master bath is pretty small and I had painted it a deep purple...pretty, but it just makes the space seem smaller. And childish.

I'm obsessed with grey. I don't know what's come over me but I LOVE GREY! It's soothing, and simple yet sophisticated and it's just what I've been needing. I want to paint the walls in both rooms grey (they connect so I need to keep it consistent) and accent with a greyish purple, white and black. Here are some rooms I love. Some more overdone than my taste for sure, but beautiful none the less.

Isn't this just to die for! I love the chic simple design
for a babys room. One any little girl could grow into and
love for years to come.

A different view. That mirror above the dresser pulls down
and turns into a changing table! I die! 
Not a fan of the yellow incorporated here
but I like the design on the wall in lieu of
a headboard. 

Although very minimalist, I feel like this is such a serene place
to retreat to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment