Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Tonight I attended the Good Friday service with some of my good friends who have and continue to be a positive example of a faithful couple. I was hesitant to go because I do not attend church regularly and I at times feel like an impostor and that everyone must be wondering who I am. I know this isn't the case, but it's what I at times, think.

But I went because I knew I needed to go. I needed to be in His home, surrounded by love and acceptance and eyes that do not cast judgement. It was so nice to just be. Be in His presence, and feel a part of something much bigger. The service was so special to me because I truly seemed to connect to what the Pastor was saying....which doesn't normally happen. I hope that this is a good sign of how God can begin to work more openly in my life.

My Lord, 
your son has suffered so much, shed so much blood.
I was born with so many faults
and my nature is so full of weakness,
and yet your son Jesus has died on the cross.
For me.
I know your grace has the power
to cleanse me of my many sins
and to make me more like your Son.
Thank you for your goodness and love for me.
I ask you, Father, to watch over me - always.

No comments:

Post a Comment